Monday, October 3, 2011

Interview : Mik Shida



GR: Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you live.

MS: I'm a 21 year old full time street artist, I'm living on the Gold Coast at the moment but tend to move around a lot.





GR: Inspiration / influences?

MS: My arts mainly influenced by Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Stuff like Frank Frazetta and Rodger Dean, as well the street art community I'm part of.



GR: How did you become interested in working larger scales?

MS: I guess it was just the logical step and a way to keep pushing myself. It allows you to incorporate a lot more detail with less effort and gives you more room to to do expressive strokes. I dream of going much bigger.





GR: Dopest band(s) at the moment.

MS: I love real corny rap like Lil Wayne and Kanye what can I say in my defense it gets me going :)


GR: Night owl or early bird?

MS: Bit of both, I sleep a lot.





GR: Favorite alcoholic beverage.

MS: Gin and juice, or a good scotch.


GR: You have $8 left in your wallet, what do you spend it on?

MS: That would suck, I would probably buy some weed and commiserate about my financial situation.





GR: How did you come up with the characters you paint?

MS: I started painting with continuous lines in the street to allow me to paint quickly and keep my strokes nice and thin. From there its been a gradual evolution.



GR: Anything new happening in the life of Shida?

MS: I have a show opening the 8th on the Gold Coast at Comb Art Space. Facebook event here for more info. And I'm getting ready for a world tour consisting of South East Asia, the US, Brazil and Europe.







----------------------
To view more of Mik Shida's artwork
www.shidaart.tumblr.com
All original images via flickr
----------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GIRL.

My photo
i'm a lover undercover.