Sunday, January 29, 2012

Interview : Ryan Kenny





GR: Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you live.

RK: I’m a 20 year-old photographer born in Adelaide, Australia and I’ve just moved to Sydney.







GR: Inspiration / influences?

RK: My love of beautiful people & places. My photos are meant to be happy, exciting and amusing…I’ve got no interest in photographing anything that doesn’t instill that feeling in people.





GR: What kind of camera(s) do you shoot with.

RK: Pentax ME Super & an Olympus point and shoot.





GR: Favorite band(s) at the moment.

RK: Roy Orbison, Mike G & Twerps





GR: Night owl or early bird?

RK: I’m a bit of a grandpa/early bird; if I’m not in bed by 12 I’m not happy. I try to wake up before 8 every morning even if I’ve got nothing going on. How boring does that make me sound!





GR: Do you have any photography tricks/tips to share with someone just starting out?

RK: The only tip I can give is for photographers to focus on your own work and no one else’s. Many people’s work looks exactly the same.
Imitation isn’t the highest form of flattery; it’s weak.






GR: 3 places to visit in Sydney.

RK: The Blue Mountains, Royal National Park & Palm Beach. All incredibly beautiful places a short drive from Sydney.





GR: You have $8 in your wallet, what do you spend it on?

RK: That sounds terrible! I couldn’t spend that but I’d be tempted to put it on a horse.








----------------------
To view more of Ryan Kenny's photos
www.ryanthomaskenny.com
All original images via website
----------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GIRL.

My photo
i'm a lover undercover.