Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Interview : Yougo Jeberg





GR: Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you live.

YJ: I was born near Paris (France) & moved to NYC to pursue my adventures in photography.
I'm always traveling.





GR: Inspiration / influences?

YJ: I'm a huge of fan of Garry Winogrand but at first I was and I'm still inspired by Jim Nachtwey, but I don't upload on the internet those photos (for the moment).





GR: How did you become interested in photography?

YJ: I saw a documentary 3 years ago called "War Photographer" with Jim Nachtwey, then I decided to travel the world and take pictures in countries affected by war. For the moment I continue to travel but not for war photos. I do more lifestyle and youth photography for the moment, I see similarities between both. At first I wanted to take pictures of my friends to keep on paper our adventures. Now I do more fashion work or photos of bands for magazines or brands like Dazed Digital, That, WAD, W magazine.





GR: Favorite band(s) at the moment.

YJ: Billy Idol and Black Keys.





GR: Favorite alcoholic beverage.

YJ: Now it's Rye, too much Vodka. (I've got East Europe roots!)





GR: What kind of camera(s) do you shoot with.

YJ: It depends of what kind of photos I do, but mostly a Canon AE1, and single use cameras or some cheap camera i find on flea markets.





GR: Do you have any photography tricks/tips to share with someone just starting out?

YJ: You should always have at least one camera on you, doesn't matter which one.





GR: 3 places to visit in NYC.

YJ: Magnolia Bakery (cupcakes), Wendy's, The Whiskey Shop (bedford and 11th st)





GR: You have $8 in your wallet, what do you spend it on?

YJ: A flask of Jim Beam at Liquor Store (4,50 $), three cigarettes in a underground Deli (1,50$) and a single use camera at B&H (4$).










----------------------
To view more of Yougo Jeberg's photos
www.yougojeberg.com
All original images via website
----------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GIRL.

My photo
i'm a lover undercover.