Sunday, October 23, 2011

Interview : Mark Oblow



GR: Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you live.

MO: I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii. I moved to LA because of skateboarding, and now live in Costa Mesa, ca. I'm a photographer and creative consultant.





GR: Inspiration / influences?

MO: My inspiration comes from the streets, the art, the people, the fashion. I'm influenced by, Gene Krell, Dylan Rieder, Duffy, and most of all my friends.





GR: How did you become interested in photography?

MO: It all started because of skateboarding in the 80s. I wanted to shoot photos of my friends, Christian Hosoi, cab, gonz, Natas. I never would have thought it would mean as much as it does to me.


GR: Favorite band(s) at the moment.

MO: It all depends on my mood or what I'm doing. I love music and listen to most everything.



GR: Favorite alcoholic beverage.

MO: Jack.





GR: When you're not taking photos, you are...

MO: Thinking about taking photos, skateboarding,surfing,riding one of my moto bikes or chilling out at my studio doing art.





GR: Night owl or early bird?

MO: Early bird now.


GR: Do you have any photography tricks/tips to share with someone just starting out?

MO: Take as many photos as you can.





GR: You have $8 in your wallet, what do you spend it on?

MO: Food.










----------------------
To view more of Mark Oblow's photography
www.markoblow.com
All original images via website
----------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GIRL.

My photo
i'm a lover undercover.