Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Interview : Josefina Bietti

Josefina Bietti
Her work is so incredible at capturing the raw
emotions of each model she documents.
Every photograph is so easy to get lost in..you wonder
every little thing from the location to the wardrobe to the model.
Her work is a true example to the saying,
"A photo is worth a 1000 words."


GR: Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you live.

J: I'm Josefina Bietti, an Argentinean fashion photographer, studied film making in the Universidad del Cine in Buenos Aires. For the last three years, I've been living and working in São Paulo, Brazil. Though I'm based in Brazil I spend my time between Buenos Aires and São Paulo. I love cinema but I'd rather watch a movie than try directing one. Making a film takes takes quite a long process photography is much more immediate, that's why I became more and more interested in it.





GR: What is your inspiration behind your work.

J: There are many things that inspire me, it depends on the moment I'm in. Different things inspire me at different times . It flows. But I can say that nature, in it's different ways, has always inspired me, it's beauty, harmony and balance.





GR: How did you become interested in fashion photography.

J: I've always been interested in images and beauty. I try to project beauty in the photos I take. I didn't think about it much, fashion just gave me the space I needed to create these images. Fashion can be very close to art. I think that fashion gives you the space to create and experiment.



GR: What cameras do you shoot with?

J: I usually shoot digital, I use the Canon 5d Mark II, but I also have several film cameras which I use for more personal projects. The one that I like best is a Pentax K1000 that belonged to my grandfather and was my first camera.





GR: Current fav band(s) at the moment.

J: I'm quite old school with the music I like. Love the Beatles, Radiohead, Queen.


GR: Night owl or early bird?

J: Early Bird, definitely. Can't keep my eyes open after 1am.



GR: Favorite alcoholic beverage.

J: Margarita Frozen/Caipiroska


GR: Next place you want to travel.

J: Difficult to choose but I'd love to go to Egypt or Paris.





GR: Do you have any photography tricks you can share with someone who is just starting out?

J: I would just say to put your heart into what you do and to be persistent. Don't need great equipment to be a good photographer just don't be afraid to try, it's a cliche but it's true.



All original images via Josefina's website.
Click here to view more of her photography.

2 comments:

  1. sucha cool blog! I noticed you like art and thought you might like my new art blog.. i post a new famous painting daily, thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. talentosa, carinhosa e com lindas fotos...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

THE GIRL.

My photo
i'm a lover undercover.